Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Update on Jess and other tid-bits.....

Dwight and I got on the road around lunch time Saturday and we got to the hospital a little over three hours later. I'm not sure what we did before we had GPS but I sure am happy we have it now because we would have had a hard time finding the hospital without it.
We were very happy to see Katie who was visiting at the time.  I had begged her not to cut her very long hair off but she obviously didn't listen. I hate to admit it but it really does look good.  And it is still long enough for her to put up when she goes on her runs. She promised she was going to have her pictures from her adventures in Africa up and ready to view soon.  She talked about the Safari she went on, how gorgeous the Lions are and about her riding on an elephant.  As a child I used to dream of riding an elephant the way that Tarzan and Jungle Boy did.
They were just finishing their lunch when we got there so I ran Douglas off his chair/bed and rested a bit.  It was great being able to get caught up with them and for us to see for ourselves that Jessie is improving.  They had doubled her Coumadine and were still giving her morphine shots for the pain. Jessie gave us her key to her Mom and Dad's house and we headed on over there when we left the hospital.  Carmen has turned the lowest level into a lovely apartment where we stayed.  Dwight was hungry so after he got me settled in he went to get something to eat.  I dozed and when I woke up I realized he had been gone almost three hours.  I called and he answered with, "Hey, I was lost but now I'm found".  Poor thing got all turned around and drove all he way back into Roanoke the long way.  He had called Douglas who got him on his way back home.  It was good being with Samantha, Wally and Carmen.  Samantha slept with me Saturday night. Dwight went out and bought biscuits for everyone the next morning after which we left and went back to the hospital.  After we visited awhile, we headed back home.  The weather was gorgeous both days.  Sadly, the trip whipped my butt.

I snatched some pictures Darrell had posted that he took at the Circuit Assembly in Salisbury this past weekend.  The first picture shows some of the renovations including the two big screens up front now. The second picture is of two of  my Dwight's distant cousins - Ellen and Faye.  They are sisters and rode on the bus with Patsy and Ruby who are in the next picture. That is Ade sitting behind Patsy and Ruby. The picture above is Katrina and her youngest, Em.  Darrell told me a little about the assembly and how it was not only encouraging was but very loving.  It made me wish even more I had been there but Marlan and I will get to hear it in several months when we go with our children to theirs. 
I loved this cartoon of Zoe playing hopscotch. We loved this game as children. You could use a stone to draw it on a sidewalk or a stick to draw it in the dirt.  Then you found a big stone to toss and you had the game of hopscotch!!! How easy is that? 
I got a package in the mail and inside was this sweet card from Marie!  Zandra had bought the material and a pattern and I was thinking about making a quilt. I know, I know - don't laugh too hard!!!Eventually I gave it to Marie and forgot all about it.  This is what she sent me.  It is a runner and I love itThank you so much Marie - you are so talented and so very sweet.  I found out something important - I don't do quilts.  You and Zandra would be proud of me though because I have been doing some "repair" sewing to the quilt Kelly sent home with me from the beach.  She uses it when we go down and decided to just leave it and the full-size sheets with me from now on.  I love it and am using it in my chair now.
I wanted to post a picture of the little bird house - I finally hung it up in the window too. 
I snatched this picture of Darrell's parents from his site - she reminds me a little of Maggie here.
I just had to share this - the caption says it all!  I wonder if we would find this under our couch?
This made me think of the nights me, Dwight and Kelly used to watch movies together here in the living room. If it was a good movie, we all had "moisture" showing up during the sad scenes.
This is a picture of GG's sister-in-law - Jane. She lives down the street from us but we seldom see her.  We miss when she used to walk past our corner every day for her exercise.
More pictures Darrell took from the assembly this past weekend. His lovely wife on the left, their oldest daughter at the top with her little girl and his Aunt Karen and his youngest daughter at the bottom right. I just got off the phone with Jessica.  She is still at her parent's house.  She sounds much better but still not great. I urged here to take it easy and not push to get back to work too soon.  Matt stopped by for a few minutes this afternoon.  He had a bit of time between studies and stopped in to see how we are and to find out about Jessie.  I told him I am looking forward to getting back out some now that it is getting a little cooler.  He said his foot is better - still not great but he is stretching it and that is helping.  Dwight's niece from Outer Banks just called to see how Jessie is doing. She has been baby-sitting her new grandson and enjoying every minute of it.  We can't wait to meet him ourselves in a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.