Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Let the vacation begin....

Woke Monday morning to a overcast rainy day - got the car loaded and headed out a little later than planned. I had to meet Di at Brier Creek - she made the cookies! She used to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies and bring them to the beach when the five families would go down. They were soooo good and one year I told her to make an extra batch for me and SHE DID! I hid them in my room and we would all sneak in there from time to time to have one after the first batch had been scarfed down the first day.Well she hasn't lost her touch - part of them have walnuts and they are all delicioso. She also put them in a pretty gold tin with scenes from Paris on it! How did she know I love the Eiffel Tower?
After sitting in our cars talking out the car windows in the rain for over a hour, I got on my way but it was so nice to be able to visit with her for a short period of time and catch up with their busy schedule. Between their first year of regular pioneering and working with the RBC they have little time for much else these days but she looked happy. I made the trip in record time and the rain finally stopped about half way down. After Ann, Boy and Biscuit arrived and we unloaded her van, we all just took a few minutes to breathe. Ann and I opened one of the last two of my Mermaid Ridge Chardonnays and had dinner. Nice. Yesterday we drove down to Swansboro ate hot dogs at Yanna's and shopped at the little shop next door for Boy who loves one of the characters there. I bought something for my niece so will not post that as I don't want to spoil the surprise. We stopped at the Tea and Beer House and Christina's Collectibles. The Tea House was closed (bummer) but we both burned our bridges (and money) at Christina's. Mae and Lynn called to have us turn their heat on as they were on their way!! Whoo Hoo - more people! After that, Ann dropped me off at the nice Harris Teeter and I flew through there but it still took an HOUR which Ann mentioned several times! :-) Sorry Ann. We picked up soup and sandwiches from Panera's and headed home. Whew. Mae and Lynn came by and we got caught up. After they left, Ann got the babies ready for bed. I think she was planning to stay up awhile but never made it back out - she was very tired. I finished putting the groceries away, read my emails and went to bed too. I have exactly the right amount of covers on my bed and I'll have to say - I have slept really good the past two nights. I think one reason may be that I haven't turned the heat on. Yum. After I put the groceries away, I put the flowers I bought in the two little vases and got these pictures to remember how neat the tables look because pretty soon - we will not be able to see parts of the table for very long! More people - more stuff! Big D is on his way with the boat and should be here soon. Leah, Little D and Page2 got to our house in Durham around 2am so they will be coming behind BigD. I just called Page1 and it is official - Bentley has to work Friday and can't come! She will be leaving Atlanta around lunch time. Bummer - but I can't wait to see my baby girl! Well - got to get busy. Ann is putting Biscuit down for her nap and running to the store to pick up some things including the ingredients for her Sausage Brie Breakfast Casserole for Saturday morning! Woo Hoo! Don't forget, if you want to see details of the pictures, just click on them and they get bigger.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the eiffel tower tin! Can you ask her where she got it? I have been searching for a good cookie tin, but haven't found any good ones. I'm so glad you had a great week at the beach! Jealous too - but in a good way! :D


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.