Sunday, November 18, 2012

I have a few pictures I've been wanting to post. I plan to put two posts up - with the second being pictures of the first day of our Outer Banks vacation.
I decided to start with two pictures I "snatched" from Facebook of Zandra's youngest (of two) granddaughter. She was watching Zandra's older (first year of college) granddaughter riding in a rodeo. Isn't she the cat's meow? It has been a very rough year for little BailyBug - she started having seizures and has now officially been diagnosed with Epilepsy. It has been so hard for the entire family to watch this precious little girl go through this. My Kelly's company makes several drugs used for Epilepsy and told me to suggest they try to find a dog that has been trained to sense seizures. It turns out they are already trying to get one but they are quite expensive. I hope it will work out for them.  In the meantime, her entire family work hard to keep her life as normal as possible.
I've been getting caught up with a dear old friend on Facebook. I studied the Bible with her back in the early 70's when I regular pioneered the first time. I had dated her older brother for a few months in high school and she is a few years younger than I am. I found her in the territory and started the study. She moved away but kept up her study and eventually was baptized in 1985. This is a picture of her and her oldest daughter. This lovely young bride was a baby when I found them all those years ago. I'm very proud of her and hope she continues to do well.
This is a picture of the Mediterranean Sandwich Matt made on one of our beach trips to our favorite place. Dwight was talking about it when Matt was over recently and it turned out he had a picture of it on his phone. I asked him to try and find the recipe.  
I was listening in to the meeting Thursday night and heard Drew give his first talk on the front school. His Mom had taken the picture with her phone and sent it to me. He did an excellent job and everyone was very proud of him.
Once again I broke one of my nails. This time it hurt - broke right down the middle when my fingertip hit the laptop. I decided to not cut all the rest of them real short like I did before. I'll keep them this length and hope the one that broke grows fast. I really like having fingernails for a change.

They had a graveside memorial for Joyce Saturday. She was cremated and her urn will be put beside her husbands. It was in the same area we were a week before for Ennis. Sidney did a good job and I was proud of him. Both he and my sister Alice were very close to Joyce. They used to send crazy poems to each other. Alice talked to her all the time and I know she is going to miss her greatly. The wind was so bad I couldn't stay even a minute after it was over. Sidney had a hard time controlling the pages of his Bible and his notes. It was good to see so many of the old friends who traveled far to be there. I know it made her kids feel good seeing so many of her loved ones there to support them. Her daughter read a poem she had written for her mother years ago and I am going to try to get a copy of it. It really was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.