Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Field Service and Fire Ant 101

We had a great day in service Tuesday except for the teeny eeny bitty fire ant that got between my shoe and foot and bit me twice before I could get it off my foot. I knew I was in trouble when I saw two tiny blisters pop up right away. This is my foot the second day when I wore bedroom shoes in service - I know - crazy isn't it. You can just see the little blisters but the foot is pretty swollen and hurting and itching like crazy. We worked in the country and Rie had a few good calls. We love watching her in action - she is always so organized and prepared. She is a great example of one who puts into practice what we learn from the meetings of how best to present material that will interest our householders. I tell her all the time that she is my hero.We were working pretty far out into the country but this was a very nice young man.We loved how he was following along with what she was saying and showing him in the magazine.This nest didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy though. After service I had to ride back to the Vet Hospital to pick up Miya's heart medication. By then the bedroom shoe was getting tighter and tighter so I showed my foot to the pharmacist. I can't take Benadryl or other antihistamines because of another medication I take so I just have to live through the horrific swelling a pain. The pharmacist said it was a pretty bad reaction and to watch my breathing and get to the hospital if it got worse. By the time I got home my foot was in full mode, old fashion BEE STING!!!!! The skin was so tight I thought it would split. I no longer had an ankle bone at all and the red was spreading up my leg. Yep - brought back tons of memories except for the pain of the actual bites. I picked up Page after her training and she decided to take me out to eat. We had a great meal at Blue Corn Cafe, ordered something to go for BigD and Ruth and her Mom. After dropping BigD's off, we took Ruth hers at hospice where she and her mom had settled in with her brother. After staying with them awhile we took her Mom home to start working through what was ahead. One more day of training for Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.